Manchester United will host Liverpool in the second leg of round of 16 of Europa League tonight at Old Trafford.
Kick Off: 20:05 BST
Date: Thursday, 17th March 2016
Venue: Old Trafford, Manchester
Referee: Milorad Mažić (Serbia)
- Daley Blind and Ander Herrera both are not part of 18 men squad for this big game. Marcus Rojo and Chris Smalling are now likely to start in the center of defence.
- Full-back Cameron Borthwick-Jackson has returned from injury and could return to the lineup.
- Jesse Lingard missed the first game due to suspension but will be back for this leg.
- Bastian Schweinsteiger who has not started a game since January could see his name in the starting eleven.
- Marcus Rashford is expected to be on bench tonight.
- Reds boss Jurgen Klopp is likely to stick with the same lineup as of first leg which was played last week.
- James Milner who missed the game due to illness would be starting from the bench.
- Liverpool have won only one of their last nine games against Manchester United in all campaigns.
- Liverpool have not conceded a goal in their last four games in Europa League.
- Man United have scored more than two goals in their last three home games against the Merseyside Reds.
- Man United have won only one of their last six Europa League games.
First Leg Result: Liverpool 2 – 0 Manchester United
Manchester United 2 – 1 Liverpool, a tough and an entertaining game.