Capital One Cup final between Liverpool and Manchester City will be played this weekend at the England’s biggest stadium Wembley. ………………………… arsenal
Date: Sunday, 28th February, 2016
Venue: Wembley Stadium, London
Referee: Michael Oliver
- Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp will be without several of players including regular duo Martin Skrtel and Adam Lallana.
- Lallana has been out for the past few weeks with a calf injury while Skrtle has been out for the past few months.
- Joe Gomez, Danny Ings and Joe Allen are all sidelines through injury.
- Steven Caulker is ineligible to take part in this game as he has already represented Southampton in League Cup.
- Jordan Rossiter and Dejan Lovren are both doubtful for this game.
- Lucas Leiva who was impressive at the center-back position in the Europa game few days ago will continue to start alongside Mamadou Sakho.
- Willy Caballero on goal is likely to start despite of his poor performance in FA Cup game against Chelsea last weekend.
- Kevin De Bruyne, Samir Nasri and Jesus Navas are all out through injury but Wilfried Bony has returned and could start from bench.
- Fernando and Fernandinho will take the deeper midfield role, pushing Yaya Toure in attacking role behind striker Sergio Aguero.
- Gael Clichy and Alesandar Kolarov will be fighting for the left-back role.
- The last time they met in League Cup was in 2011/2012 season, Liverpool won that game.
- Liverpool have won three of their last four games against Manchester City in all campaigns.
- Liverpool have kept clean sheets in their last three games in all campaigns.
- Man City have won only one of their last four games in all campaigns.
Liverpool 2 – 1 Manchester City, Philippe Coutinho to score the winner for Liverpool.